Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's okay to be you.

I have learned in my 28 years that it's okay to be me.

It's okay not everyone will like you, love you, or accept you.

It's okay not to be a size 2, not to be pleasant 24/7, not to be the poster child for perfection.

It's okay to be you.

It's okay if someone says something bad about you, because if you are yourself, and they don't accept you for who you are, it doesn't matter, they are not worthy of your friendship.

It's okay to laugh, cry, or scream sometimes to let it all out.

It's okay to be you.

It's okay to go in public when you don't look your best, just as much as it's okay to go out when you feel on top of the world.

Life is too short to worry about what others think.

Instead, worry about those who actually accept you as is, with all your flaws. (and we all have them).

Learn that life isn't about having a million friends, or the prettiest friends. Life is about the REAL friends you make and the family you are blessed to have.

Life is about being you and accepting yourself.

You don't have to like me, I don't even like myself sometimes, I am a human being that makes mistakes, screws up, isn't a small girl, etc etc.

But I have something more valuable than anything that comes on the outside. I have been given the best gift of all; my children who adore me, the good family and friends I have come to know and trust and above all, the love and acceptance of the Lord. I am blessed, and with that nothing else matters:)

I just hate that it took me 28 years to finally accept myself.