Friday, March 18, 2011

Hello, warm weather!


I really wish I could get into the swing of blogging daily like I used to. I would like to think I'll have something to look back on when the kids are older. Yesterday was pretty busy. MiMi recieved a bounty of nice gifts from my sister in California. One of them was sidewalk chalk. Of course it was stripped of it's wrapping paper and we were all outside in the driveway no more than 3 minutes later coloring it up.

This one was actually 3d chalk, and even bubby had to try on the glasses. He gets all of his true nerdisms from his mother (me).


I even thought to snap some nature shots with the new camera since the weather finally permitted. May I just say WOW! New camera is so detailed I no longer have to edit color, every single photo is STRAIGHT out of camera no editing what so ever.
I LOVE THIS!

These are blossoms from my maple trees. I never knew the blossoms for the leaves were actually pink. Yay for zoom lens!
And another shot

Spring is beautiful to me, because it's when the dead of the winter starts to be reborn into all things beautiful. Sure, I will miss my cool chilled air. But, even I have to admit the sunshine and new plants make me smile and lift my negative nature some:)

about 10 minutes after these photos the whole neighborhood shows up to play in the yard. Yes, I unknowingly volunteered to a large crowd of children..(large for me). 8 kids (10 counting my own) showed up). I don't even know how that happened but it did. Needless to say 2 hours later I was exhausted. When Doug got off work I took it upon myself to mow the lawn.

I hate to admit this (I really do). But winter got the best of me and I put on some extra chub. ugh, I know, shame on me. I really think my love for all things food is disturbing. I will probably eventually go to an OA meeting (not even kidding). I have got to get a grip on my life. I need to focus my bad emotions on something other than food. Yes, food, you are lovely, but you are just as bad as any other drug, you just take longer to kill a person.

*sigh* I hope everyone is enjoying spring:)