Saturday, May 28, 2011

CVS Scenario for Memorial Day Weekend!!

If you recall my previous CVS trip, you will remember I made $9 in extra bucks. When Thursday came, I was eager to check out the up and coming ad for this Sunday to see what items were earning extra bucks that I also had coupons for.

I was excited to see CVS also emailed me a $5 off $25 purchase coupon:
After stalking the ad this is the scenario I came up with to best roll my $9 extra bucks, hit the $25 spend limit to use the $5 off $25 coupon and so on:

* 4 bags of Reese's minis @ 2 for 5 so $10 for all 4
use (2) 2$ off 2 from Sunday paper & use (1) $2 off from cvs coupon machine I got a few days ago.
GET 3 ECBS BACK

* 1 Cascade dish washing gel *needed it* $2.99
use (1) $.50 off coupon from p&g booklet

* 2 Old spice body wash (or Gillette) $4.99 each 2 @ 9.98
(use 1 bogo coupon for either)

* 2 Pantene pro v shampoo/conditioner @ 2/6.97
(use $3 off purchase of 2)
GET 2 ECB BACK

Total before coupons - $29.94
-5 off 25=24.94
-3 off pantene=21.94
-6 off candy =15.94
-4.99 bogo =10.95
-.50 off cascade = 10.45
- 9 extra bucks from this week
=1.45 and get back 5 ecbs :)

One of my local stores does their Sunday deals on Saturday evening, so I took advantage so that I could obtain the items in stock and not have to worry about being up early to beat other shoppers before they wiped the shelves clean. (Happens EVERY time)!

These are the coupons used:
Thankfully, my math was right on the money and I scored everything pictured for $1.45 +$2 sales tax for a grand total of $3.45 out of pocket.
I also made back (1) $2 extra buck on the Pantene deal and (1) $3 extra buck on the candy deal. If you want to look at it another way it is LIKE getting everything FREE + making a $1.55 profit!
In addition to these awesome finds, I also hit my $50 CVS beauty club mark and will receive another $5 extra buck from the coupon center in a few days. $10 goes a long way at CVS when combined with coupons, doesn't it? Can't wait to see what next weeks deals are! :)

Other than that, I have been extremely overwhelmed with my children, getting by and doing the side jobs. I am thinking tonight I may finish the last of the painting on this second Craig's list dresser. I can't wait to show it off when it is done.

Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend, friends!! And MANY thanks to all our soldier's both past and present!

No comments:

Post a Comment