Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tile Done!

In my last post, I showed photos of the tile progress to our 65 rancher single bath home. Welp, it has been completed :) All that is left is to fix the dry wall and add the moulding in some areas. But the tile itself is floor to ceiling 12x12 ceramic / porcelain tile up to the ceiling in a brick lay pattern. I have to admit, I was very skeptical on the brick lay for tile, but it looks AMAZING! The glass tile from Milstone really makes this bath. Here are some photos. I absolutely love it!

I have a plumber coming today to check out our leaky valves. Hopefully it goes with out a hitch :) we'll see :) My daughter also had her 7th birthday party (that I planned in a mere 4 days). It went fantastically well and I can't wait to share some photos with you all:) But for now, the tile:
A little side/side comparison of before and after:
The 12x12 tile I bought was the cheapest one Lowe's had: It was Sahara Beige by Surface Source at about 70 cents per tile. (They are actually 57 cent on markdown right now). The Glass mosaic tile is by milstone, and our tile guy gave it to us free, but it's $16 a 12x12 section. The grout was Navajo Brown and the caulk was keracaulk in ivory.

To see all the progress our old bathroom has made over the last 8 years, please click HERE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment