Thursday, December 3, 2015

It's a

December is always such a busy month for me. Between haggling to find deals for "Santa" to scrambling to get a decent photo of the kids, add my complicated OB appointments to the mix and I'm just juggling priorities.  Okay, in all seriousness, it's not that chaotic. My kids are now older and therefor, not too terribly needy.

On December 1st, I had my much awaited anatomy (gender) scan. first of all, I was delighted to see that all four heart chambers were finally present. I still have an echo cardiogram for baby in a little under a months time. (Pray for us).

The ultrasound wasn't too clear, I am going to imagine for a moment that my extra skin from my first two perhaps, plays a role in that.

Once all was said and done, we found out we were welcoming another baby BOY!! EXCITED! (I'd be excited either way).  As far as I was concerned, in April of 2009, Ethan was my last, and since I had to have him early on and my papers for a tubal ligation weren't signed - the surgeon performing my c section denied me the sterilization.




I'm glad God had other plans for me.  As my children have grown older, I have missed holding them in my arms. I have missed the smell of baby powder on their skin, or the feel of their soft baby hair.  I absolutely adored my babies.  I turned 33 in November and and like most older moms, I did the math in my head. I'd be 51 when this new baby graduates high school, My other kids would be 20 and 16 when this new baby is 10.  I'll be the OLD mom when this baby goes to pre k. *GASP*

Matters not, I am over joyed right now.

As a few of you know, my son was born with a congenital defect at birth.  I worried s much with a new boy he may carry the same defect, but I will pray, and if he does - again - matters not, it is correctable - there are worse things in the world. As a parent with a child with a congenital birth defect (no matter the severity), it still pains us as parents to know our babies have to go through some degree of suffering.

Currently, my anatomy scan looked great, my blood work was great, and my follow up blood work and fetal echo may be the deciding factors in all of this. I'll cross my fingers, say a prayer, but in the end, I feel blessed no matter what.

I've gained 30 pounds. I like to tell people I packed on a small toddler. What? I have to find humor in the fact at 20 weeks my fetus weights 13 ounces (per scan) and here I am rocking a big 30 extra and only half way there. OH GEEZ!

I should start a baby registry, but let's be real, I have never had a baby shower in my life.

I'm excited to buy little baby clothes for bean and search all over again. Granted I have two children already, because they are spaced out in age, I always feel like I'm re learning everything from scratch.

I can't wait to meet you bean, April will be here before I know it. When you're older and have kids already, time flies by fast. This pregnancy has been no exception to the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment