Monday, November 28, 2016

Plagiocephaly Journey Part II

It's getting increasingly harder to find the time to actually sit at the desk top and update. I need to make time though. I find sometimes, that I am entirely overwhelmed, and being able to type on my blog makes me feel like I have a little more connection to others.  I have tried to update from an iPad, but for some reason it doesn't allow me to upload photos. So, that being said, I am going to share Danny's scans from cranial technologies in this blog.

If you read my last blog, you know a little about the long wait to get to the point we are at today. Danny will be 8 months on the 12th of December, so he's a little in the older range for correcting the plagiocephaly.

Anyway, I love that cranial technologies has been so thorough with everything.  We did finally have the CAT scan done and are STILL waiting on word of the premature closing of his sutures in the back. I will call the neurologist tomorrow since we were told we'd be contacted in a few days.  I am going to figure that since Thanksgiving was last week, that is the cause for delay.  Here are the scans from our visit earlier in November that show you the levels of severity in his particular case:

 Below: I love that Cranial Technologies emails you the report, where as when you try 
to get copies of medical documents from most places it's 
a hassle, they charge you money and it could take weeks.


Tomorrow, we head back to get his cranial Doc Band placed. They say that we will have a lengthier visit this time, because they will need to shave the helmet down if it causes any pressure marks on his head. They also want to ensure that we are comfortable in removing and re placing the helmet.  He will be wearing this 23 hours a day for four months.  The cost is not cheap at 4 thousand, but thankfully our insurance is eating the cost (as of now).

I think I may try to search later for some decals to decorate his cranial band. Cranial Technologies releases a DOC BAND babies calendar yearly, and how cool would that be for Danny to be in it? - Making lemonade out of lemons. :D

I'll update more once he actually has the helmet on how it's going. Wish him luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment